25 years of growth
The Early Years
In the beginning, RMA was a trading company focused primarily on the greater Mekong region
- 1986 RMA buys Rochester Midland’s regional pharmaceutical distribution office
- Early to mid 90’s
- RMA begins to represent major world-class brands Ingersoll-Rand, 3M, SDMO, Jeep Chrysler.
- Offices open in Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and East Timor.
- RMA adds four new divisions: Engineering, Construction, Automotive, Trading & Logistics.
- 1997 RMA becomes a Ford dealer in Cambodia.
- RMA acquires Guava International to manage the Land Rover dealer and the network expands to an impressive 28 markets, from Central Europe to Asia.
- GM, Mazda, JCB & Tata brands are added to RMA’s network operations.
- RMA Indonesia begins serving customers from offices in Jakarta, offering products and services to the mining and oil & gas sectors, government fleets and NGO groups across the country.
- RMA opens a representative office in Turkey to manage contracts for Ford Cargo trucks and Ford Transit vans and buses with Ford Otosan.
- RMA becomes authorized dealers for Ford and Land Rover in Kazakhstan.
- RMA adds value to the product and service offering by extending its Ford Qualified Vehicle Modifier program to the Indonesia and South African facilities.
Rapid Growth Period
- RMA establishes operations in Afghanistan.
- RMA expands worldwide as a trusted partner in post-conflict and emerging markets.
- 2004 Ford designates RMA as a global distributor to the Aid and Development sector.
- RMA becomes Ford’s only Qualified Vehicle Modifier in Africa and Asia Pacific.
- RMA expands operations into Afghanistan and into West and South Africa.
- Awarded Equipment Maintenance and Apprenticeship Service Program (EMAS) in Afghanistan by the U.S. Army.
- Production capacity increases dramatically in Thailand and RMA expands with a new facility in South Africa.
- RMA opens its first representative office in Hanoi, Vietnam representing the heavy equipment brand JCB.
- RMA is appointed as the authorized dealer for SDMO power generators in Kazakhstan.
- Guava International is appointed the Aid & Project distributor for Land Rover and assumes an additional 34 markets in Africa, bringing the total to 62.
- RMA adds the Comin Group of Companies with operations in Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia as an Engineering Solutions provider and a subcontractor in civil engineering works. Through the joint venture with PCS, Comin Group also provides Total Facilities Management Services.
- A highlight of 2011 is the US Army TACOM contract extension, bringing the total delivery assignment for RMA’s Global Fleet Sales to over 40,000 vehicles.
- RMA Automotive opens its first Ford Transit modification facility in Turkey.
for more information