On June 30th, EFG (Express Food Group) launched its newest franchised restaurant brand in Cambodia: Bar-B-Q-Plaza.
Founded by the Thai group Food Passion 30 years ago, BAR-B-Q Plaza has over total 120 outlets in Thailand and is also franchised in both Indonesia and Malaysia. The concept proposes a reasonably priced, self-cooking Mongolian and Japanese style barbeque menu. The grill pan is served with soup poured around the exterior of the pan. Grilled meats and seafood dishes are accompanied by fried garlic rice, gyoza and various other sorts of side dishes.
Invited guests, media representatives and attendees at the event were treated to a selection of foods together with BAR-B-Q Plaza’s delicious signature sauce.
While Bar B Gon, the brand’s green dragon mascot, held the spotlight in front of an enthusiastic crowd at the ceremony, other VIP guests included Mr. Jean-Boris Roux (Vice President Food Services RMA Group), Ms. Chataya Supanpong (Food Passion’s Chief Engagement Officer) and Mr. Ngorn Saing (CEO of RMA Cambodia). Also present at the opening, pictured below, from left to right were:
- Ms. Siripa Lapanawin, Assistant Vice President – International Business and Business Development of Food Passion Co., Ltd
- Mr. Ruangshine Supanpong, Chief Happening Officer (CHO) of Food Passion Co., Ltd
- Ms. Boonyanuch Boonbumrungsub, Executive Vice President BAR-B-Q Plaza Business Unit of Food Passion Co., Ltd
- Ms. Mean Sonita, MC
- Mr. Sansana Sasanavin, Senior Vice President – International Business & General Counsel of Food Passion Co., Ltd.
- Ms. Kong Sophea, Deputy General Manager of Express Food Group
- Mr. Tep Virak, General Manager of Express Food Group
- Mr. Phork Sambath, Head of Operation BAR-B-Q Plaza
In her opening address, Ms Chataya Supanpong expressed her confidence in EFG’s capacity to successfully establish Bar- B-Q Plaza brand in Cambodia, and mentioned that Thailand and Cambodia share similar tastes for grilled foods, friendly atmospheres, value-for-money restaurants and quality service. And these are the main factors that convinced them to expand into Cambodia.
Mr Virak Tep, general manager of EFG Cambodia, explained that self-cooking concepts are very popular in Cambodia and that BAR-B-Q Plaza will offer customers an unequalled experience in this market segment.
EFG Cambodia will be opening its second Bar-B-Q Plaza store in Phnom Penh in October and a third outlet is already in the plan. The first few weeks of sales are confirming the expected market enthusiasm and Mr Jean-Boris Roux is already discussing the franchise rights for the next territories, Myanmar and Laos.