September 22nd, 2018 Yangon, Myanmar- September marks the annual Ford Global Caring Month and thousands of Ford employees around the world – collectively known as the ˜Ford Volunteer Corps’ – will be venturing out into their communities to make people’s lives better.
Ford volunteers from Ford Myanmar, together with Yangon Animals Shelter, will donate food & medicine supplies to the stray dogs at the Yangon Animal Shelter and spend time with them.
œWe are proud to be part of Ford Global Caring Month, and are truly inspired by all the work that Ford employees, dealers and local partners are doing across the globe, said Okkar, Sales & Marketing Manager. œTogether, we are making a positive difference to the neighbourhoods and communities where we live and work.
During September, more than 30,000 Ford volunteers will tackle more than 600 projects with thousands of volunteers on six continents. Ford Motor Company Fund, the philanthropic arm of Ford Motor Company, will also contribute $600,000 in grants to purchase tools and supplies for many of the volunteer projects.
In Asia Pacific, thousands of Ford volunteers will participate in various projects in China, India, Taiwan, Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines and countries comprising Ford’s Emerging Markets business unit.
In addition to the volunteer activities in Myanmar, Ford Global Caring Month projects include:
- Cambodia – Renovate classrooms in a local school
- Guam – Provide care and labour services across hospital wards
- Hong Kong – Organize a dog training workshop
- Laos – Offer service support and donate cleaning equipment to a local medical centre
- Mongolia – Build a hot water facility to improve hygiene and sanitation for children
- Nepal – Organise activities at a rural school to improve basic sanitation knowledge
- New Caledonia – Beach clean-up and food donation for the homeless
- Sri Lanka – Renovation work at a rural school and provide medical service to local residents
- Vanuatu – Renovation and construction work at a local education facility
Ford Global Caring Month is the signature annual event of the Ford Volunteer Corps. Since its launch in 2005, Ford Volunteer Corps members have contributed more than one million hours of community service in 50 countries, representing more than $30 million of in-kind community investments.