By Neil Russell, Recruitment, Learning and Development Manager, RMA Group.
We’ve put together a few tips that will help make your application stand out so that you can make the best first impression and show us all the ways you can add to the team.
1. Our job ads highlight the most important skills, experience and behaviors needed to succeed in each role. Identify what you have done that relates to each of these, and consider highlighting them in a cover letter and in your CV.
2. What have you achieved? Tell us about your achievements, particularly those that match the role you are applying for.
3. First impressions count. Does your application look professional, have you checked for spelling errors? What about your LinkedIn profile? You are applying through LinkedIn and we’ll be taking a look at your profile too.
4. Get to know us. We publish regular updates here on LinkedIn, as well as our other social media pages, and we have lots of information on our website.
5. If you are invited for an interview, and we hope you are, get ready for a conversation. Yes, we will have questions for you, but we want to get to know you and give you the opportunity to get to know us. What would you like to know?
Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you.